Posts Categorized: Sustainability
Industrial Symbiosis: Taking Resource Efficiency to the Next Level
by Susan Buchan
You may remember the term symbiosis from eighth grade biology. It’s the concept of organisms sharing materials, energy, even their bodies – with other organisms for the benefit of both species. The idea of applying symbiosis to industrial producers was pioneered in Denmark almost 50 years ago in 1972, and came to fruition in 2015 with the establishment of the Kalundborg Symbiosis Industrial Park.
- Carsharing: The New Challenges and Opportunities Presented by COVID-19
- Faces of EE to COVID: “You might break our stride, but you can’t break our spirit.”
- Optimized Charging for EVs (Part 2): Who GIVs a V2G?
- Emissions Optimized Charging for EVs (Part 1): Should “What” Matter More Than “When”?
- TRCs and Sugar Cookies – a Holiday Review of Cost-effectiveness Testing Practices